Responsible for cutting and editing film footage until it meets the production manager’s approval. Rearranges and splices scenes that have already been shot, determines if scenes need to be reshot and inserts music sound or optical effects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit footage until it meets product manager’s specifications.
- Rearrange scenes.
- Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Insert music, sound, or optical effects.
- Use nonlinear digital editing systems to edit clips.
- Work with work prints to organize the scenes and transitions that make up content
- Edit film for commercials, station identification, and public service messages on television films and tapes.
- Check films for damage.
- Work on feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos, advertisements or user-submitted videos.
- Reorder and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Determine exact cutting for final stages.
- Work with production manager to achieve desired end result.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond in a timely manner to request
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere PRO, Final Cut PRO, Adobe Photoshop
- Flexible schedule